Saturday, September 17, 2011

One Happy Chick.

So here's the scoop. I have wanted to run my own Etsy store for, I don't know, like forever (or at least since I discovered the wonderful world of Etsy). But I worked a full time job, and had 2 kids that require massive amounts of attention (also require occasional feeding too). I ran my photography business on the side, and between all that had very. little. time. But I know I love to make things. And I know I love to be with my children. A few nice people have encouraged me to do my own thing. But that's a scary thought to completely rely on myself. I kept talking myself out of it and saying someday I'd get around to it.

Well, I decided it's my someday. I finally put in notice at my job (where I've lived for the past 6 years!). I know that may seem crazy to some, but I figure how am I going to know if it works unless I try it? Right? I've put a lot of thought into this over the past year or so. Some people are born to climb the corporate ladder. To pour their heart and soul into making someone else a truckload of money. That is not for me. At least not anymore. I've spent the last 10 years working for some corporation, and I find myself just doing the same motions everyday. I didn't enjoy what I did. AndI felt like I was wasting myself and my time, not to mention my time with my kids. They're only little once, afterall. I don't want to play the games anymore. I'd rather play games with 2 little people who think I'm the coolest person around.

So here I am, in the last 2 weeks of working in the corporate world. I've finally got the blog up, finally got my Etsy store up, and now I've got to sell and do what I love to do. Make cute things!

And I'd like to thank everyone who said I could do it. Without your words of encouragement, I never would have taken the risk.

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment